[ltp] Lenovo SL500 (NRJF2RT). Driver reports different keycodes

Mon, 7 Dec 2009 14:51:30 -0200

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote:
> Keycodes with values > 255 are ignored by X. I know that this is an
> inconvenience for users of the module, and I intend to find a proper
> solution for it in the future.

I believe the best solution available to us at the moment (that won't end up
being a worse problem later on) is to:

1. Document in thinkwiki how the user can change the keymaps at their
leisure, and

2. Work with the userspace people to get alternative keymaps uploaded while
X doesn't get fixed.

That way, when X finally get fixed (and it will), the alternate keymap gets
dropped by those who are responsible for getting the updated X into an
users' box.

That assumes, of course, that you haven't used extended keycodes for no good
reason, but rather because they were the correct ones to use in the keymap
:)

  Henrique Holschuh