[ltp] Brightness problem on x301 running Debian Lenny

John Li linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 8 Feb 2009 00:43:31 -0500

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 10:22:32AM +0100, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> John Li:
> > On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 08:59:48PM +0100, Per Dalgas Jakobsen wrote:
> >>
> >> I have a strange problem on my x301 with the monitor brightness. It is
> >> like the actual brightness level lacks one behind all the time, let me
> >> explain:
> >
> > This sounds just like the problem I described a few months ago. See:
> > http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2008-October/045169.html
> >
> > Henrique replied, saying that it would work with the very latest Xorg
> > and kernel. I didn't bother with that, though, since it's not that big
> > of an issue to me.
>
> I can confirm that this behaviour has been fixed on my system.
>
> Possibly related packages and their (Debian) version:
>
> X.org: 1:7.4~5
> xserver-xorg-video-intel: 2:2.6.1-1
> hal: 0.5.11-8
> kernel: 2.6.28.3 (vanilla)

I just upgraded my kernel to 2.6.28 and the problem seems to be fixed
for me, too!

I'm using the following from Debian testing:
xorg 7.3
xserver-xorg-video-intel 2.3.2

And kernel 2.6.28 from Debian kernel snapshots
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel#snapshots (trunk)

Now to see if suspend works reliably on this new kernel..

-John