[ltp] T42 Hibernate with 2.6.27.7 kernel

Dave Wood linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Jan 2009 10:07:13 +0000

I am having problems resuming since upgrading slackware to 12.2 with a
2.6.27.7 kernel.

It hibernates ok but doesn't resume if I unplug the machine and wait for
the battery light to go out.

I've tried using 'no_suspend_console' to debug as the message on resume
says to but haven't managed to find out the problem. On resuming the system
appears to load (xxxxx pages loaded in NNms) but then stops with the caps
lock led flashing and I have to hard reboot.

The last two messages on screen are:

serial 00:09: disabled
Extended CMOS year 2000

Googling hasn't produced anything of use and I have been trying removing
various modules before hibernation without much luck - I have been told of
problems regarding usb modules, button module and hibernation.

If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful since I used to use hibernation
all the time.