[ltp] T42 Hibernate with 2.6.27.7 kernel

Thu, 1 Jan 2009 11:06:05 -0200

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009, Dave Wood wrote:
> It hibernates ok but doesn't resume if I unplug the machine and wait for
> the battery light to go out.

Hmm, i.e. when all machine state is cleared.  Try changing the hibernate
mode from S4 (platform) to S5 (shutdown).

Are you using the very latest BIOS?  If you are not, upgrade.

> I've tried using 'no_suspend_console' to debug as the message on resume
> says to but haven't managed to find out the problem. On resuming the system
> appears to load (xxxxx pages loaded in NNms) but then stops with the caps
> lock led flashing and I have to hard reboot.

It is "oopsing"...

> The last two messages on screen are:
>
> serial 00:09: disabled
> Extended CMOS year 2000

Disable high-resolution timers in the kernel.  Does that fix things?

  Henrique Holschuh