[ltp] battery questions

Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:36:58 -0200

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> I cannot check if it's an official battery from IBM. Any experience
> using a non-official batteries? Same? Worse? Will explode? :-)

If there a battery recall by ANY manufacturer, you have to junk it to
be safe, as there won't be anyone tracking the pack and worried about
your safety...

Also, you're usually lied to when you buy these batteries (capacity,
technology, properly set-up controller).  I personally prefer to not
deal with that kind of product and I'd rather it didn't exist.

It is such a disregard over quality that is slowly killing all
good-quality goods.  ThinkPads included.  You will notice newer
batteries from Lenovo are much crappier than the older ones...

  Henrique Holschuh