[ltp] Re: battery questions

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 21:50:37 -0500

> I cannot check if it's an official battery from IBM. Any experience
> using a non-official batteries? Same? Worse? Will explode? :-)

I can't remember where (but if you loook through the archives of this
list you may find the URL) someone actually went through the trouble to
compare them and his conclusion was that they are more or less
comparable (sometimes they can be marginally better, sometimes
marginally worse).
I've used them for a Thinkpad X30 and for a Macbook Pro, and can't
complain: they worked just as well, and lasted just as long (both in
hours and in years).
Second hand OTOH are pretty risky.

        Stefan