[ltp] suspend works with i915 module, but without, it fails!

Volker Krueger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:49:15 +0100

Hi,

has someone observed this, too?

my laptop happily suspends when the i915/dri  modules are loaded.
However, it fails when I start the x-server without the i915/dri !!

To be precise: I use suse11.1, with the std-kernel (kernel 2.7.27.7).
The laptop: X200s
Graphicscard:Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

I compare the two x-server  settings, where one has the additional line

'Option       "NoDRI"'

in the Device-section.

Without the NoDRI option, the suspend works perfecty. With this option,
however, the laptop shuts down, but hangs somewhere after the wake-up,
while the screen is still dark.

The whole point for using NoDRI is that the X200s saves about 20%(!!)
energy when on battery.

any ideas?

best,
Volker