[ltp] T61 hinge is loose

Jens Rutschmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:24:46 +0100

Markus Grunwald schrieb am 27.01.2009 15:55:
> Hello,
>
> after a good year of using my T61, the hinge of its LCD panel is quite
> loose: I can wiggle the LCD by about 5mm to 1cm at its top side.

Same problem here with my T61. I can wiggle it even more (1,5 cm) at the top.
This is pretty annoying when using the laptop in train etc.

Closing or opening the display completly is pretty hard compared to that: I need
two hands to open the display, pressing the laptop down with one hand while
opening it with the other one. If I used only one hand I would simply lift the
complete machine.

Is that normal?

Best regards,
Jens