[ltp] suspend works with i915 module, but without, it fails!

Volker Krueger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:29:09 +0100

Hi Ferdinand,

I just had an email exchange with one of the guys from suse who work on
the suse kernel and asked them about updating the i915 module (see your
comment below).

They seemed a bit lost and asked if I could give them more information
on the update ubuntu did to this kernel.

do you think you could give some information on the changes in those
modules?
Or even simpler:
I don't have any clue about ubuntu and where to get which packages, but
do you know the ftp sites where I could download the source-rpms for the
original intrepid kernel and the proposed one?
then I could download them and check myself.

What I cannot use however is this ubuntu specific package loading system
because it is different from the one used on suse.

thanks a lot in advance
best regards,
Volker