[ltp] T61 bluetooth is always on in Ubuntu 9.04, why?!?

Damjan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 3 Jul 2009 04:03:09 +0200

> I just installed Ubuntu 9.04 on my T61 and everything seems quite nice,
> except the fact that bluetooth is always on on (re)boot. Does anyone
> knows how to make if off by default, but with possibility to switch on
> if needed?

As far as I know, recent thinkpad_acpi will save the last status of the
bluetooth rf-kill soft-switch in nvram on shutdown, and then restore it
on boot.

So, to be completelly correct (regarding /sys/ usage):
step 1)
 find the bluetooth rf-kill
 grep tpacpi_bluetooth_sw /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill?/name

step 2)
 set the desired state
 echo -n 0 > /sys/class/rfkill/rfkillX/state # is OFF
 echo -n 1 > /sys/class/rfkill/rfkillX/state # is ON
 (where X is what you found in step 1)

Doesn't this work for you? does Ubuntu have a vanilla thinkpad_acpi
kernel module?

--
damjan | дамјан
This is my jabber ID -->         damjan@bagra.net.mk