[ltp] tp_smapi does not report status correctly when using battery charge control features

Darren Hoo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 01:03:34 +0800

Thanks Henrique a lot for your in-depth clarification.
And I am sorry for my misunderstandings about SMAPI and kernel ACPI
that may have led to confusion.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Henrique de Moraes
Holschuh<hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:
> If you're going to support tp_smapi, please remember that reading/writing
> values through SMAPI is *expensive*, so don't do it for frivoulous reason=
> (i.e. there is no point in reading battery state at more than 0.5Hz, don'=
> reprogram the battery charge thresholds at every step in a slider but rat=
her
> give the user a "apply" button, etc). =A0 In fact, that holds true for AC=
PI as
> well.
I think gnome-power-manager will never be dependent on SMAPI,otherwise
it will be tied to a specific platform.g-p-m should be universal.Richard,co=
rrect
me on this if I am wrong.