[ltp] Request some more detailed data on recent thinkpads, T and R Series

Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:55:33 -0300

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009, hollunder@gmx.at wrote:
> Also important for me is whether the usb buses/ports share interrupts
> with something else, like graphics, and whether there's a bios option
> to change that.

Why do you need that information?  What are the constraints in which
interrupt sharing would make a difference?

Also, go read about MSI/MSI-X, if you care about this stuff, you need to
know about message-signaled interrupts.

And SMI and SMM as well, ThinkPads likes to spend some time in
la-la-land quite ogten, and the OS only knows it happened because the
hardware timers advanced more than what it would expect while it was
frozen in a timestop and the CPU was in SMM running SMBIOS code.

  Henrique Holschuh