[ltp] ThinkPad R500 - TrackPoint vertical scrolling dont work (Ubuntu 9.04)

Michael Meese linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:33:56 +0200

--------------enig118D76554696151149148895

Good Morning List!

Last Saturday I got the new laptop of my Sister. Its her birthdaypresent =

for next week... Its a ThinkPad R500 Series Laptop.

Installation of 64Bit Ubuntu 9.04 works fine. Except the hdapsd deamon=20
and the scrolling with the TrackPoint. But step by step...

On my R61 the TrackPoint/UltraNav stuff works fine out of the box. But=20
on this new R500 it dont work. My goal is to push the middle-button and=20
then scroll with the TrackPoint.

I followed this instructions:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_the_TrackPoint#Vertical_Sc=
rolling

But there was no reaction of my hardware. No scrolling...

Does anybody fixed this or an idea how to fix?

Greetings!
Michael