[ltp] What does blinking CapsLk light means...

Pablo Vera linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 09 Jun 2009 08:31:58 -0500

--------------080309010504090109080604

Yes, it is a kernel crash.

I also have a T61, but with Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty).  At first I had lots
of kernel crashes and unexplained freezes.  The only thing I was doing
different than before upgrading from Ubuntu 7.10 to 9.04 was Bluetooth.
After installing Jaunty I was using a bluetooth mouse and bluetooth
headphones, and had lots of crashes.  Then I noticed that this only
happened at home, where I used both bluetooth devices.  At the office I
have a docking station with external speakers and a usb mouse.  And gues
what ?, no crashes at the office, not even one.  So I decided to stop
using my bluetooth mouse and use some wired headphones.  Since then I
haven't had any crashes.

So I guess there is something buggy with the bluetooth support.  One
extra piece of information: I installed Blueman and the latest bluetooth
libraries from launchpad.

I hope this helps.

Pablo

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Jun 2009, Petar Milin wrote:
>
>> Recently, I have reported some instabilities on my T61 running
>>

> Might be the nvidia crap, or some hardware problem like bad memory.
>

>> Debian/testing, both here and on Debian user forum. Now, I am
>> experiencing something new: blinking CapsLk light. It starts to blink,
>>

> Your kernel crashed.  That's what the blinking leds mean.
>
> Run a good memory tester on the box, that could be it.

--------------080309010504090109080604

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Yes, it is a kernel crash.&nbsp; <br>
I also have a T61, but with Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty).&nbsp; At first I had lots
of kernel crashes and unexplained freezes.&nbsp; The only thing I was doing
different than before upgrading from Ubuntu 7.10 to 9.04 was
Bluetooth.&nbsp; After installing Jaunty I was using a bluetooth mouse and
bluetooth headphones, and had lots of crashes.&nbsp; Then I noticed that
this only happened at home, where I used both bluetooth devices.&nbsp; At
the office I have a docking station with external speakers and a usb
mouse.&nbsp; And gues what ?, no crashes at the office, not even one.&nbsp; So I
decided to stop using my bluetooth mouse and use some wired
headphones.&nbsp; Since then I haven't had any crashes.<br>
So I guess there is something buggy with the bluetooth support.&nbsp; One
extra piece of information: I installed Blueman and the latest
bluetooth libraries from launchpad.<br>
I hope this helps.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">
Pablo
</pre>
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
 type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">Recently, I have reported some instabilities on my T61 running
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Might be the nvidia crap, or some hardware problem like bad memory.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Debian/testing, both here and on Debian user forum. Now, I am