[ltp] Survey: Your Ideal Business Laptop

Frank Myhr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:49:34 -0400

Hi Nils,

I appreciate your concerns and thank you for sharing them here. I don't
want to waste your, my, or anyone else's time. The bad news is I can't
say for sure that I'm not. Hopefully the survey doesn't take too much
time to fill out.

There is some reason to be positive. Matt Kohut of Lenovo has stated
that if 15,000 or more customers were willing to pay for a ThinkPad with
a premium screen, Lenovo would at least consider building it:
http://lenovoblogs.com/insidethebox/?p=220

I've heard the same, privately, from another Lenovo employee.

The survey is a step toward gathering such a critical mass of paying
customers. If you had to put money on the result, you'd probably be
richer predicting failure. But you never know unless you try, right?
There are a lot of passionate ThinkPad owners out there.

I'll close by quoting Gandhi:
"Be the change you want to see in the world."

:-)

Thanks,
Frank

P.S.

Here's the survey link again:
http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=IONKF_a68057ef

And an (UPDATED) link for the survey results:
http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=Special_Interest_General&thread.id=4911