[ltp] Anyone have successfully installed Catalyst driver on IBM T43(ATI mobility X300) laptop?

Tosh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:43:29 +0200

Lin Mao wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I have a IBM T43 laptop with ATI mobility X300 vedio card, I want to
> install the official Catalyst driver so that I 'll have a simple GUI
> controler to switch to projector/monitor easily. But I found the latest
> Catalyst 9.5 driver can no longer support ATI X300 card. So I 'm
> wondering which version of Catalyst should I download? It seem I could
> not find such information on ATI 's website.

Same problem here, one of my laptops is a ThinkPad T43 with an ATI X300,
the other is a ThinkPad T60, it uses an ATI X1400, ATI stopped support
on both, the should go **** themselves, the X1400 is not even 3 years
old, not to mention their support sucks, even though AMD bought them over

Anyway to come back to you question use release 9.3 (8.593) seems to be
working fine, you can download this version on the ati website

--
Toshaan <toshlinux@gmail.com> - http://www.toshaan.be