[ltp] Safe X60 temperatures?

Stephan Groß linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Jun 2009 08:55:59 +0200

Am Samstag, 20. Juni 2009 18:50:57 schrieb Richard Neill:

Hi Richard,

I have no definitive answer to your question. However, I recognized similar
temperatures on my wife's X61Tablet. This machine seems to be build for the
sibirian market ;-)

In the past, she actually had overheating problems as Linux enforced an
immediate shutdown several times and she had to wait about 15 minutes
afterwards before she was able to reboot. The situation seems to have become
better since she did a BIOS upgrade three months ago which has modified the fan
control algorithm according to the changelog. Maybe, this is an option for
you, too. However, she still notices temperatures up to 80°C although no more
overheating shutdowns. We are still investigating this issue. As the machine
is getting three years old within the next months, it might be useful to check
if the fans are covered with dust.

Regards,
Stephan.