[ltp] SL300 [Fn 7] doesn't work with Intel Driver

Armel KERMORVANT linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:37:19 +0200 (CEST)

> Message du 23/06/09 01:49
> De : "Alexandre Rostovtsev"=20
> A : linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
> Copie =C3=A0 :=20
> Objet : Re: [ltp] SL300 [Fn 7] doesn't work with Intel Driver
>=20
>=20
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Armel Kermorvant
>  wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thanks for your help, but I have the same issue.
> > When I press [Fn] [F7] I see 0.5 seconds a effect on my laptop. But the=
 external screen never switch.
> > I'm sure the Intel driver didn't switch on the VGA output.
> > Do you have a sp=C3=A9cial line option in your Xorg.conf ?
> > If you need some file from my side, please contact me.
> >
> > Cordialement
> >
> > Armel
>=20
> I apologize for the delayed reply.
>=20
> If you see a blink effect from Fn+F7, it means that
> gnome-settings-daemon received the key event and is trying to switch
> the screen. Try the following command:
>=20
> xrandr --output VGA1 --auto
>=20
> If that doesn't turn on the external screen, there is probably a bug
> in your version of intel driver or X server.
>=20
> -Alex

Good Morning Alex,

Thank for your replay, I have the time ;-)
I have some good news.

I check on Gnome and the [Fn] F7 works find, but on KDE 4.2 this fonction d=
oesn't work any more.
I launch the command line into KDE terminal : xrandr --output VGA1 --auto n=
othing appears if I replave VGA1 by VGA my external monitor works.
What do you think ? it a KDE bug ?

Thanks your help, I send this info to KDE Team and if I have a clear status=
 I share with you.

Have a nice day

Armel