[ltp] Summary: Netbook. Looking for THE machine

Micha Feigin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 1 Mar 2009 19:16:25 +0200

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 00:13:27 -0500 (EST)
Ajai Khattri <ajai@bitblit.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Adrian Walker wrote:
>
> > I have had a Thnkpad X60s for a couple of years now, running Linux Red Hat
> > Fedora 6.  Most satisfactory with Linux.  About 8 hours with the battery
> > that clips on the back.
>
> Why does everyone keep mentioning ThinkPads? They are NOT netbooks.
> Compared to a netbook, the ThinkPads are heavy, clunky and ugly.

Maybe because this is a thinkpad mailing list?

and the x200 is not much bigger and heavier (1.3 kg) and it is much stronger.
And yes, thinkpads are not known for their beauty. If that is what you are
looking for go got the macbook air. That has a nice design ...