[ltp] Summary: Netbook. Looking for THE machine

Ajai Khattri linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 1 Mar 2009 22:38:24 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009, Richard Neill wrote:

> Of course, you could go for the extremes. The W700 DS thinkpad weighs
> about 10 pounds. Or you could get a G1 googlephone weighing 5.6 oz.
> Since you can run Debian on it and it has a real keyboard and mouse,
> it's pretty much a laptop ;-)

And Im posting this from a Nokia N810  ;-))))))

Oh, and Im not an Apple fanboy - I have owned a ThinkPad but with the
advances in recent years, netbooks have become viable for me as smaller
more portable developer workstations. After the Asus EEEpc I switched to
the HP MiniNote which I carry with me everyday.

But right now, Im seriously considering the new Sony Vaio P as an even
more portable workstation (about half the weight and size of the
MiniNote!).

--
Aj.