[ltp] Summary: Netbook. Looking for THE machine

Sun, 01 Mar 2009 18:01:43 +0000

Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 12:13:27AM -0500, Ajai Khattri wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Adrian Walker wrote:
>>
>>> I have had a Thnkpad X60s for a couple of years now, running Linux Red Hat
>>> Fedora 6.  Most satisfactory with Linux.  About 8 hours with the battery
>>> that clips on the back.
>> Why does everyone keep mentioning ThinkPads? They are NOT netbooks.
>> Compared to a netbook, the ThinkPads are heavy, clunky and ugly.

Of course, you could go for the extremes. The W700 DS thinkpad weighs
about 10 pounds. Or you could get a G1 googlephone weighing 5.6 oz.
Since you can run Debian on it and it has a real keyboard and mouse,
it's pretty much a laptop ;-)

Richard