[ltp] Gemplus ExpressCard Smart Card Reader from Lenovo

Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:16:30 -0300

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009, Dirk Zemisch wrote:
> anyone here knows, if there are ubuntu (debian) drivers for the named
> part (41N3043)?

Yes.  I don't recall which userspace util does it (it is the lesser
desireable one, which implements a Windows API), but it works.

It also uses a bitrotten kernel driver, so I'd say it is a very bad choice
in the long run.

Just get a USB-based Gemplus reader, they work very well.  Expresscard ones
should also be USB (nobody would attach a smartcard header to the PCIe bus,
that requires drivers and is a LOT more expensive), so they should also
work.

  Henrique Holschuh