[ltp] X200 Fan / Power issues

Jochen Schulz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 12:20:13 +0100

--NzX0AQGjRQPusK/O

Andrew Mason:

> Has anyone tried the newer 2.6.28 or 2.6.29-rc kernels with the X200 /
> X200s ? If so is there any reduction in power usage and are the fan
> issues still present ?

I am currently using the latest 2.6.29-rc kernels, but I cannot really
comment on either issue. Battery runtime *appears* to be better, but
since I never use more than one charge a day anyway, I am not sure. I
could provide battery logs ('acpi -b' every five minutes), but currently
it doesn't include the runnig kernel's version number.

About the fan issue: I am quite sure that it hasn't been getting better,
but don't find it that annoying either since even if the fan is running
at top speed, it is not noticeable in my environments.

J.
--=20
I am worried that my dreams pale in comparison beside TV docu-soaps.
[Agree]   [Disagree]

--NzX0AQGjRQPusK/O

--NzX0AQGjRQPusK/O--