[ltp] screen remains black after standby on the X40

Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:31:10 -0300

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Karsten König wrote:
> A google search does turn up alot about this, for example compiz / general
> composite seems to blame sometimes, I just set it back on and could resume
> fine, don't know about the time it didn't work for me.

Don't get normal "screen doesn't come up on resume" bug reports mixed with
"screen harware was destroyed on resume" ;-)  The first class is annoying
but expected.  The later is *extremely* grave and has happened at least once
in the past.

> The system itself is not dead, not even the graphics driver it looks like,
> just the screen power or something.
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=205270

Yeah, it looks like it does something Bad to the backlight PWM control,
since it hits LEDs (inverter-less) and CCFL (inverter-based) boxes alike.

> Looks like a very confusing issue =(

That it is, that it is...

  Henrique Holschuh