[ltp] Using an external projector with t61 - mirror output

Martin Aumueller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 00:26:20 +0100

Hi Roman,

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 20:29:33 Roman Haefeli wrote:
> hi martin
>
> thanks a lot for sharing the solution. it addresses a problem, that has
> been bugging me as well for a very long time (no 1024x768 provided) and
> i had a hard time finding a solution.
> now, your method definitely works, also for me, though i have a t61 (not
> t61p) with a native resolution of 1680x1050. using the provided edid
> file doesn't work here ( i get funky lsd-ish colors on one side of the
> screen). therefore i would like to ask you about the way you created the
> augmented edid file. i found the ubuntu package 'read-edid', which
> provides 'get-edid' to obtain the binary data and 'parse-edid' to
> convert it to human readable text. but when editing the text-file, how
> can i create a binary file from that?

I followed the steps as outlined here:
http://myricci.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36

I followed the steps described there to modify (i.e. add the 1024x768 mode)
the edid data that I could dump with nvidia-settings (go to GPU-0, choose your
internal LCD, acquire EDID). I used the C source code provided at the above
url in order to do the necessary conversions and used the mentioned phoenix
windows program for actually adding the mode.

I hope that helps,
Martin