[ltp] Re: OT: Netbook. Looking for THE machine

Ajai Khattri linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:39:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Karsten König wrote:

> I noticed that netbooks I have seen on the Cebit, the newer ones seem to be
> made from very cheap plastic which flexes alot. I'd rather carry a few gramm
> more when I can carry the device in my backpack without destroying the screen.

Not that that's really a problem for most users... :-) The Mini-Note has a
metal body so its a bit more sturdy perhaps.

> They propably have a much longer battery runtime, and linux
> has most applications running on ARM as well, so if time and x86 are no
> requirements waiting might be an option.

Except perhaps things like Flash and some audio/video codecs won't be
available...

--
Aj.