[ltp] IBM thinkpad users, please test 0.22-20090318-BETA

Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:05:00 -0300

If you have a IBM thinkpad, I would very much appreciate reports of
how well the new brightness control code in the most recent version of
thinkpad-acpi works.

Please help me improve the driver with your test reports.  I can only
test the code on a ATI-based T43, myself.

The new version of the driver is available at http://ibm-acpi.sf.net,
as usual.  The announcement I made a few days ago has the exact URL,
and more details.

All you have to do is to patch the kernel with the new driver, and
check wether the brightness keys still work as well (and, hopefully,
better) than they were already doing in your machine, and whether
/sys/class/backlight/thinkpad_screen/brightness changes the brightness
properly or not.

I would like very much to send some improvements for Linux 2.6.30, but
the deadline for that is comming fast...

  Henrique Holschuh