[ltp] Bluetooth button not working after installing Debian 2.6.29 kernel

Bjørn Mork linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:05:21 +0100

I can't get any acpi event or key press out of Fn+F5 on a X301 after
installing the Debian package linux-image-2.6.29-1-amd64 version 2.6.29-1

The weird thing is that I'm pretty sure I had it working up to
2.6.29-rc6.  Which makes it entirely possible that this is just a kernel
config thing.  I noticed that Debian now has disabled
CONFIG_ACPI_PROC_EVENT.  Could this be related?

Or were there major changes to the thinkpad stuff bwteen 2.6.29-rc6 and
the final release?

I run acpid with a catch-all configuration like this:

 bjorn@nemi:/tmp$ cat /etc/acpi/events/any
 event=.*
 action=/etc/acpi/logit.sh %e

 bjorn@nemi:/tmp$ cat /etc/acpi/logit.sh
 #!/bin/sh
 echo `date`: $* >>/var/log/acpi-log

and the acpi-log now shows nothing when pressing Fn+F5.  There is no
keypress reported by xev either.

Any hints are appreciated.

I also noticed that the Fn+F8 seems to have changed from toggling
pointer devices to reporting a key press.  Not that it matters much to
me, as I've never used it.  But some pointers on howto restore the
old functionality would be useful.

Bjørn