[ltp] HDAPS on fedora???

Shannon McMackin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 May 2009 12:17:00 -0400

I'm trying to get HDAPS running on F11.  I have it successfully running
on Ubuntu Jaunty with the panel applet and everything.

The guide for Ubuntu on thinkwiki is very complete.  Some things I'm
missing on F11, for example, a start script for /etc/init.d to start
hdapsd as a service.  Loading the drivers, I'm currently doing it in
rc.local and I know that's not the right way to do it.  The applet
doesn't seem to get the proper input from hdapsd, probably because I'm
not launching it as a service.

The start script for ubuntu doesn't work on F11 for numerous reasons,
but I can't seem to find an appropriate one for fedora.

I'm using the latest code from SF for all 3 components, tp_smapi, hdapsd
and gnome-hdaps-applet.

I would appreciate any guidance in the matter....