[ltp] keyboard, and mouse not activated (?)

Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:35:38 +0100

Dear all,

since 2007, I've been running a Debian Sid on my Lenovo X61s, currently with
kernel 2.6.30-2-686, and using KDE.
I have had a few stuffs recently happening on it (recently means since September
let's say; at that time, I was running the 2.6.28 kernel, and I upgraded to the
2.6.30 hoping it would solve all these matters, but it did not):
  - the most embarassing one is that sometimes (maybe once every 10 boots, or
so, sometimes 3, 4, or 5 times in a row), when X is launched, neither the
keyboard, nor the mouse can be used (I mean either those on the laptop, or
external ones, via USB). I can not Ctrl-Fn xx to log on an ascii terminal, I can
not even reboot it with ctrl-shift-del: nothing works. I have to press the on
button to reboot it. Has anyone had the same kind of problems.
Being spurious, it is not easy to investigate. However, I could see during the
boot, just before X is launched, some messages about udev being printed on the
screen (udev not active?). I also could see that laptop-mode was being run just
before that. I also checked the /var/log/syslog files, and on the web, it seems
that these problems are related to udev (but it is unclear to me).

  - now, a few other weird things that were not happening before:
    - the laptop checks the filesystems whether on batteries or not. Before
that, when on batteries, it was never checking the FS's.
    - it does not hibernate any longer when I close the lid.
    - acpi does not seem to work as well as it used to...

So, before going any further in trying to fix that all (I have the intuition
that all these little things probably share the same source of problem), I
wanted to know if somebody has had the same troubles, and if so, has somebody
been able to solve them, and how.

Best,

Philippe