[ltp] [CALL FOR TESTING] users of hda-intel, thinkpad-acpi and kernel > 2.6.30

kionez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 06 Nov 2009 09:56:18 +0100

Hi all,

as reported [1], I've uploaded the results of this survey, updated with
the last files and reports. http://kionez.org/thinkpad_beep/index.php

Yesterday I've tried to compare my situation with Bob Skaroff's one,
which seems same as mine.

I can't get beep working, I'm pretty sure is alsa related, that's
because when I played with kernel modules and alsa-driver, I do
something wrong and alsa was half loaded (some modules doesn't load
because they miss some symbol).. and my laptop can beep with 2.6.31.5!
Once fixed the modules dependencies, and alsa loads correctly, the beep
disappears.

I will try to compile the lastest git version of alsa-drivers, I see
that there's a patch (hda_beep.patch) and maybe could fix this issue.

I've no knowledge in kernel and alsa developing, so I can't say if this
is the solution..

Is there someone who can help us? :)

Thanks!!

1: