[ltp] T400 users please help - some things don't work

Pedro Ribeiro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:47:38 +0000

Hello all,

I recently bought a T400 and I'm having some problems:

-mute button doesn't work properly, had to add "acpi_osi=Linux" to
grub (could you please include it in the next kernel)
-Fn + F5 doesn't do anything. Hal reports the key as "wlan" but
acpi_listen doesn't show any event
-Fn + F8 doesn't disable the touchpad. hal reports the key as f22,
acpi_listen doesn't show anything
-Fn + F9 (ultrabay eject) also doesn't do anything. hal reports the
key as f24, acpi_listen doesn't show anything
-RFKILL switch disables both bluetooth and wlan, but when I turn it on
again only bluetooth is restored. For wlan to work I have to do
"ifconfig wlan0 up"
-Fn + spacebar (zoom) hal reports as zoom but doesn't appear in acpi_listen

What works:
-Mute and volume buttons after acpi_osi=Linux
-Fn + F2 (lock screen)
-Fn + F3 (battery info)
-Fn + F4 (suspend)
-Fn + F12 (hibernate)
-Multimedia keys (play, pause,next)
-Thinkvantage key
-Brightness keys and thinklight
-HDAPS with tp_smapi

I'm using the latest 2.6.31.6 kernel with Debian testing/squeeze on a T400 7417.

Thanks in advance,
Pedro