[ltp] Wlan led with 2.6.31

Frédéric Boiteux linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:47:33 +0100

	Hello Thinkpad users,

  I recently updated my kernel from 2.6.26 to 2.6.31 on my Thinkpad X31,
and I've stated a strange thing :
On my system  (Debian Lenny), I've bound Fn-F5 to a script (using
halevt) loading/unloading the ath5k module, to allow wiki or prevent it
and save power (mainly when on travel) ; the "wlan" led was never
lighted.

With the 2.6.31, I had to update my script to also activate the rfkill
switch after loading the ath5k (I've also noticed that
unloading/loading increase rfkill number each time...), and I saw my
that sometines, the wlan led was light. Great, but in fact, it's light
when my script unload the wifi, and is shut off when it loads the ath5k
module and activates wifi :-(

I think something is reacting to Fn-F5 keys (through ACPI or HAL ?),
but I don't know how to correct the behaviour : I've looked
in /sys/class/leds, but don't have a wlan one :
tpacpi::power
tpacpi::standby
tpacpi::thinklight

  Could you enlighten me about this led behaviour ?

	Thanks,
		Fred.