[ltp] Wlan led with 2.6.31

Pedro Ribeiro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:16:44 +0000

2009/11/27 Fr=E9d=E9ric Boiteux <fboiteux@calistel.com>:
> =A0I've gone further with my WLAN led problem, discovered that :
> - when the Thinkpad starts, it's not lighted
> - it is lighted when writing in /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill*/state (rfkill
> for the wifi card), either writing 0 or 1.
> - once lighted, I=A0don't know how to shut off
>
> Does your wlan led is working right on your thinkpads ? do you know
> which part of the system is handling it ? Thanks for any tip !
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Fred.
> --

RFKill and the WLAN button work here (T400), but a bit strange. When I
turn the off, its OK.

When I turn them on, the light doesn't come up but that is because the
firmware isn't loaded automatically. But if I go to wicd (similar to
network manager) and order it to scan for wireless networks, it gets
loaded automatically.