[ltp] Re: Keyboard settings for Suspend and resume disappeared

Axel Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:51:31 +0200

Frédéric Boiteux wrote:

>> I assume that KDE4 is blocking the keys. Any idea how to restore the
>> settings?

>   Usually, these keys are not handled through X input events, but
> directly by acpid or hal. try 'lshal -m' to see if there are correctly
> detected. I don't know KDE, but it should have a daemon managing power
> which should react to these HAL events?

Thanks for your input. Indeed, the buttons are determiend correctly:

axel@z60m:~> lshal -m

Start monitoring devicelist:
^@12:47:38.495: computer_logicaldev_input_3 condition ButtonPressed =
hibernate
12:47:43.766: computer_logicaldev_input_3 condition ButtonPressed = sleep

..seems to be the link to the Power management module.

Thanks

Axel

--
Linux on a ThinkPad: www.axxite.com/brn