Linux Foundation discount, was: [ltp] Linux on T61 vs Linux on T400...

Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:55:00 +0100

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:14:06 +0000
"Aleksander S." <sumek@o2.pl> wrote:

> This is the reply I've received today re discounts in the UK:
>

> Hi Aleksander,
>
> When we launched with the new benefits, our understanding from Lenovo
> was that the site would apply worldwide.  Our rep was mistaken, so now
> she is setting us up with a site for each major country for Employe
> Purchase Pricing.
>
> So we will have EPP pricing available, however it is not yet.  We will
> absolutely notify you once we get the site details from Lenovo.
>
> Thanks for your support for Linux and the Linux Foundation.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Linux Foundation Member Services

I weren't as lucky.
I wrote to support@linuxfoundation.com, then more than a week later to
info@linuxfoundation.com, and now, a few days later, I haven't heard
back from either.
Also mailed to lenovo Austria on the same day I wrote to info@...
without answer yet, but there was a weekend and a public holiday in
between.

I don't quite understand the answer they gave you, specifically what
'site' they are talking about. Also major countries doesn't sound
promising for me.

Well, thanks for sharing this anyway.