[ltp] Machine goes back zu sleep immediately after resume from RAM (X60s w/ Debian sid)

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Sep 2009 08:31:15 +0200

Dear Friends and Gurus,

for a couple of weeks now I see a strange (new) behaviour of my X60s running
debian sid.

When suspent to RAM by Fn+F4 it correctly wakes up as soon as I open the LID
but immediately goes back to sleep after shortly showing the unlock-screen
of gnome-screensaver.

When waking it up again by pressing the Fn key it comes back and stays on.

I guess there is a suspend event generated somewhere but until now I was not
able to find out where. The logs show the event, but not it's source.

# LANG=C dpkg -l acpi*
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name                         Version                      Description
+++-============================-============================-========================================================================
pn  acpi                         <none>                       (no description available)
ii  acpi-support                 0.123-1                      scripts for handling many ACPI events
ii  acpi-support-base            0.123-1                      scripts for handling base ACPI events such as the power button
ii  acpid                        1.0.10-2                     Utilities for using ACPI power management
ii  acpidump                     20071116-1                   utilities to dump system's ACPI tables to an ASCII file
ii  acpitail                     0.1-2                        Show ACPI information in a tail-like style
ii  acpitool                     0.5-5                        command line ACPI client

ii  gnome-power-manager          2.24.4-3                     power management tool for the GNOME desktop

gruss
  mlo
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz