[ltp] QUESTION: HAL support for some T42 keys?

Guarded Identity linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:51:12 -0500

Hi,

I ran lshal -m, and I get a response for /almost/ all the fancy Thinkpad keys
on my T42.  However, there's some keys that only tpb recognizes, namely:

    - volume up, down, and mute

    - brightness up and down

    - thinkpad light

In fact, I noticed that there there's no keys that both HAL /and/ tpb get
events for; it's either one or the other.

Just curious what people's thoughts were on this.  In the meantime, I'm
probably going to run a combination of halevt and tpb to get all the
functionality I'm looking for.  But I'd rather get everything I need with
halevt and drop tpb if I can.

-Sukant