[ltp] How much performance improvement going from 32-bit to 64-bit linux?

Volker Krueger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:59:54 +0200

Hi,

I have switched to 64 bit Suse and now lately Ubuntu already a long time
ago because MATLAB is much faster with 64bit.
Other than that, I always had the feeling that 64 bit runs smoother, but
that can als be due to my imagination.
But I have not at all experienced any loss in usability compared to 32
bit. Java used to be a problem, but even that is fixed.

My laptops/workstations never had less than 4Gig of memory.

best,
Volker