[ltp] Pulse audio per device setup?

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:11:50 +0100

Dear All,

Just wondered if anyone has solved the problem with bluetooth headsets,
voip, and pulseaudio?

Gnome used to have a sound prefs that allowed one to set different
routings depending on the class of application (eg VoIP applications to
bluetooth headset; media players to main soundcard, system beeps to main
soundcard but quieter). This has now gone, and not been replaced.

So, is there a way to make sure that ekiga always routes to the
bluetooth headset, but that media players (and the ekiga ringing tone)
go to the speakers?

I know that one can move the streams around via the volume applet, but
every time I switch the BT headset off and on again (or go out of
range), pulseaudio re-routes the sound to the main speakers, and
requires manual intervention each time to put it back!

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks - Richard