[ltp] Problems with (non-Lenovo) battery

Robert Tomsick linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:55:05 -0500

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 15:27 +0100, Arno Trautmann wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm using an X61s with Arch Linux.
>
> Two questions, short one first:
> The wifi-light of my machine keeps blinking. The connection is ok and
> stable, but it blinks with about 2Hz frequency. This is quite annoying
> when I try to concentrate. Any idea to prevent it from blinking?

That is normal operation.  IIRC the blink behavior is controlled by
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-led.c for Intel cards.

I'm not sure if there's a way to control the LED without patching the
driver.  /proc/acpi/ibm/led allows control over most of the LEDs, but I
don't think it allows you to control the wireless one.

Cheers,
Rob