[ltp] got to press real hard to make the shift key work

Adam Sloboda linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 12 Dec 2010 20:14:50 +0100

At Sun, 12 Dec 2010 20:20:19 +0800,
jidanni  wrote:

> Dudes, I got to press real hard sometimes to make my left shift key work
> here on my R50e.
>
> What do I do, pry it off with a screwdriver, rub some alcohol, and pop
> it back?

I've experienced this with several keys over the years.  Just try to
pop the key, clean it if there's something and put it back.

Shift is a little tricky to take out but just don't use any excessive
force, mind the little metal piece which is there and you can't do
anything wrong.  To put it back just position the metal piece back and
push on both sides of key until it clicks to the correct position.