[ltp] Re: Problems with (non-Lenovo) battery

Dan C linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 12 Dec 2010 17:33:33 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 15:27:09 +0100, Arno Trautmann wrote:

> I'm using an X61s with Arch Linux.
>
> Two questions, short one first:
> The wifi-light of my machine keeps blinking. The connection is ok and
> stable, but it blinks with about 2Hz frequency. This is quite annoying
> when I try to concentrate. Any idea to prevent it from blinking?

I'm using a T510 with Slackware Linux.  The wifi light blinks with
network in/out traffic here.  If not much is going on with that, it
doesn't blink much.  During heavy traffic (such as a download), it blinks
quite a bit.  I don't think that can be prevented, and in fact I find it
quite useful as an indicator of link activity.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he descended down into Shayol Ghul.