[ltp] got to press real hard to make the shift key work

Karsten König linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:03:35 +0100

Am Sonntag, 12. Dezember 2010, 13:20:19 schrieb jidanni@jidanni.org:
> Dudes, I got to press real hard sometimes to make my left shift key work
> here on my R50e.
>
> What do I do, pry it off with a screwdriver, rub some alcohol, and pop
> it back?
>
> Pull out the whole keyboard from underneath and scratch something?
>
> OK, it seems if I remember to press the right half of that left shift
> key, it works. Its left half is less sensitive.
>
> I bet the harder I press, the bigger hole I'm digging for myself.
>
> I live real remote, so I can't just take it to the store.
>
> Sorry the above is not Linux related, but "you're the only friends I got."

You can use your fingernails to pull it off, shove it a bit to the right and
pull the lower side of the key up (with your fingernail)

Taking a look might help already, maybe there is some breadcrumbs or coke
stains in there

Regards,
Karsten