[ltp] battery charge threshold starts at 10% but stops charging when I boot Windows

Pedro Ribeiro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 16 Dec 2010 15:25:40 +0000

Hi all,

I have configured both tp_smapi and ThinkVantage PowerCenter in
Windows to set the charging threshold when the battery hits 10%.

In Linux everything works wonders. The battery hits 10%, it starts
charging when I plug in, and even if I shutdown or restart the
computer it won't stop charging until I remove the plug again.

Windows, of course, is retarded. If I start charging with the computer
off and then boot into Windows, it stops charging completely. How can
I change this?

Regards,
Pedro