[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] thinkpad-acpi release 0.24-20100220 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:59:56 -0300

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Pedro Ribeiro wrote:
> > To add more .. did some experimenting. I found something interesting. So
> > if acpi_osi=Linux is passed on the kernel command line (this is done in
> > the kernel for T61 & T400 & T500) .. but when I do this. The proc
> > interface doesn't actually work anymore. It will light up the mute
> > button light though on my X301 & turn it off. But no effect to the
> > volume.
>
> The T400 thing was requested by me because of stupid userspace tools.

Never *EVER* mess things in the kernel or in the firmware because of
userspace crap.  Always fix it right, or it *will* come back to bite your
head off.

> I guess that now it is not necessary?

That depends.  What is "broken" without OSI=Linux on a recent kernel?  I can
actually change the driver behaviour when OSI=Linux is either enabled or
disabled to compensate, but it has to be whitelist-based...

> I'm going to compile and test the kernel without the acpi_osi=Linux
> and see what happens.

Please, that would be very helpful.

  Henrique Holschuh