[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] thinkpad-acpi release 0.24-20100220 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:36:50 -0300

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Jerone Young wrote:
> > Just tired it out on my Thinkpad X301 and it does work. When using the
> > proc interface if I echo mute .. it mutes the speakers .. and I see the
> > orange light come on. When unmute orange light goes out and it unmutes
> > the speakers.
>
> To add more .. did some experimenting. I found something interesting. So
> if acpi_osi=Linux is passed on the kernel command line (this is done in
> the kernel for T61 & T400 & T500) .. but when I do this. The proc
> interface doesn't actually work anymore. It will light up the mute
> button light though on my X301 & turn it off. But no effect to the
> volume.

So, to make sure I got it right:

with OSI=Linux, the EC doesn't actually mutes anything anymore, even if it
is telling you that it did it?

What happens when you do press the mute hotkey in that situation?  Does it
mute things?

  Henrique Holschuh