[ltp] trackpoint middle click scrolling went away

Johannes Lichtenberger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 05 Jan 2010 18:05:42 +0100

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 16:15 +0100, Arian Kuschki wrote:
> Hi all
> I seem to have lost middle button scrolling with the trackpoint on an
> T42 recently in Arch Linux (no testing repository). I have all updates
> applied, but there was nothing in the recent updates that looked like it
> might cause the problem I think (like hal for example). I am using the
> standard way described in the thinkwiki with a
> /etc/hal/fdi/policy/mouse-wheel.fdi file.

Hi Arian,

I've had the same issue on Ubuntu 9.10 and I tried using
gpoint-device-settings (the DevKit configuration which worked):
<http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_the_TrackPoint>

HTH,
Johannes