[ltp] trackpoint middle click scrolling went away

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:01:51 +0100

Yves-Alexis Perez a écrit :
> On 08/01/2010 12:14, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 10:34:21AM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
>>> Yes, the xorg in unstable started dropping hal dependency so the .fdi
>>> way is gone (the xorg.conf way was gone some time ago). At the moment
>>> I'm using the xinput way. Currently done manually, but I've added to my
>>>  .xsessionrc:
>>>
>>> xinput set-int-prop '"TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint"' "Evdev Wheel Emulation
>>> Button" 8 2
>>> xinput set-int-prop '"TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint"' "Evdev Wheel Emulation" 8 1
>>> xinput set-int-prop '"TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint"' "Evdev Wheel Emulation
>>> Timeout" 16 200
>>>
>>> which should work. If I have some more info on how to configure that
>>> more statically, I'll let you know.
>> Perhaps this will help?
>> http://who-t.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-configuration-world-order.html
>
> Yes, I managed to cook the attached file which works fine for me. I'm
> not exactly happy with the ID_PATH stuff but it'll work. I'm posting it
> to ThinkWiki.

I already added a warning in the thinkwiki page, I'm gonna do the same
here. This is not really a method which will last. It'll break (again)
in the future, I don't know when and I don't know how/if we'll be able
to do the same kind of the stuff.

The durable way to do that is to use xinput (or, I guess the gnome
frontents). So put a call to xinput to .xsessionrc should be working (in
 Debian at least, I don't know about other distro support for
.xsessionrc, but you see the point).

I personnaly don't like that (because imho scrolling is not a user setup
but a machine setup) but it might be the only valid way at some point.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis