[ltp] Re: [ltp] CPU temperature at 80°C and above, despit e fan running at maximum speed (Thinkpad Z61m)

Johannes Bittner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:08:39 +0100

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 12:22, rocku <digimortal@wp.pl> wrote:

> I can agree with this. My Lenovo SL500 was running ~65°C when idle and =
went
> to 100°C when at full load, even with fan running at full speed. At fir=
st I
> thought it was caused by bad design, but eventually I disassembled the ca=
se
> and did a major clean up from dust and also removed the heatsinks to reap=
ply
> some thermal grease under the CPU and GPU heatsink (firstly cleaned up wh=
at
> remained of what the factory applied). Now my laptop is running at ~40°=
> when idle and doesn't exceed 80°C when at full load and the fan is bare=
ly
> audible.

I just cleaned my fan, I didn't remove the fan assembly (an therefore
no new thermal grease was applied). The results are very good, when
under full load the temperature doesn't exceed 74°C now, and when on
idle it's about 50°C. Still not optimal I guess, but far better than
before :). Thanks!

Johannes