[ltp] Re: [ltp] CPU temperature at 80C and above, despit e fan running at maximum speed (Thinkpad Z61m)

Johannes Bittner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:08:39 +0100

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 12:22, rocku <digimortal@wp.pl> wrote:

> I can agree with this. My Lenovo SL500 was running ~65C when idle and =
went
> to 100C when at full load, even with fan running at full speed. At fir=
st I
> thought it was caused by bad design, but eventually I disassembled the ca=
se
> and did a major clean up from dust and also removed the heatsinks to reap=
ply
> some thermal grease under the CPU and GPU heatsink (firstly cleaned up wh=
at
> remained of what the factory applied). Now my laptop is running at ~40=
> when idle and doesn't exceed 80C when at full load and the fan is bare=
ly
> audible.

I just cleaned my fan, I didn't remove the fan assembly (an therefore
no new thermal grease was applied). The results are very good, when
under full load the temperature doesn't exceed 74C now, and when on
idle it's about 50C. Still not optimal I guess, but far better than
before :). Thanks!

Johannes